A Chinese boy lives behind a hard shell of scar tissue after he received terrible burns while playing with a lighter. The six-year-old set himself on fire while lighting a pile of corn straw with a cigarette lighter - and the terrifying blaze quickly got out of control.
Wang Xiaopeng, from Yinchuan in China's Ningxia Province, has been without hair, lips, eyelids and fingers after the horrific accident in November 2010..
He does not go to school, as no schools will admit him, and he only has a few friends who have got used to his appearance. His injuries also make it difficult for him to see while all of his fingers were amputated from the second joint.
Doctor Li Jinning, from Ningxia Medical University hospital, said Xiaopeng needs at least three phases of surgeries to resume a "human" shape.
Each phase may cost 100,000 Yuan - roughly the equivalent of £10,000 in British money.
Flag This Item