Flag This Item
Uploaded by: euinvest101 on May 11, 2012
Darwin Horan-Misc. food tips to aid fat loss
Misc. food tips to aid fat loss
• Prior to meals eat a salad topped with vinegar or vinegar based dressing and drink at least one full glass
of water. This will lower insulin levels and decrease hunger.
• Scramble eggs in the microwave. Place eggs in microwaveable container, mix as normal, maybe add
some torn turkey bacon to flavor and cook on high for approx. 2 minutes.
• Hard boil eggs. Place eggs in cold water and bring to a boil for 15 minutes. Limit egg yokes to 4/day, but
feel free to eat extra egg whites. These can be placed in a food storage bag and taken with you. Do not
allow eggs to be a room temperature for more than a few hours. Eggs are less than $2/dozen at Fry's.
• For convenience use a preservative free deli meat such as Foster Farms. Use real meat when able.
• Lean meats are chicken, fish (white and red) that is labeled wild caught; farm raised is higher fat, turkey,
tuna and red meat cuts marked lean or extra lean or have "loin" as part of the name.
• Natural Peanut Butter (oil on top). Stir well and refrigerate after opening. The only ingredients should be
peanuts and salt nothing else. Carry the jar in your back pack with a spoon. Can be combined w/ trail
mix. Fry's carries Kroger Natural Peanut Butter for approx. $2/jar
• Shredded wheat, but not the frosted kind. Buy generic for $2-3/box. If you want to sweeten it, use fruit
such as banana, strawberries or frozen blueberries.
• Malt O' Meal bag cereals. Saves ½ price v/s brand names.
• Raisins are excellent for the body's ph balance thus building muscle.
• Generic brands of Oatmeal w/ whole oats not packets of instant. Buy for approx $2/tub.
• Reduced fat Cottage Cheese. Add apple sauce or pineapple chunks for flavor. Approx $2-3/tub.
• Sweet Potato/Yams. Poke holes in it w/ fork and microwave for 4-8mins depending on size.
• Steamer bags of vegetables from Green Giant or Birds Eye. Make veggies in mic